About Sweats at Free Spirit Gathering
Please Read This First
- Sweat sign-up is open at check-in. Please sign-up in advance, and please only sign up for one sweat. Please read the detailed medical information, and read—but do not sign—the sweats liability waiver; you'll sign that when you go to the Sweat Circle Village for your sweat. Please note: If you're between the ages of 15 and 17, your parent or guardian will have to come to the SCV with you to sign the waiver with you. If you're 14 or younger, we're sorry; you can't participate in a sweat this year.
- Please bring a water cup/bottle and towel(s) to all sweats.
- Special workshift requirement: We request that you sign up for a 90-minute sweat work shift. This is in addition to your regular Gathering community service. Please sign up to work when you sign up for your sweat.
- Timing: be absolutely, positively on time (sorry, no pagan time here). You may want to allow extra time to get to the sweat circle village on time.
- Preparation: please prepare yourself for your sweat by drinking plenty of water, and abstaining from food and drink that dehydrate you—i.e., that contains caffeine and/or alcohol—and from behaviors that interfere with your connection to yourself and to spirit.
- Please notify the pourer if you have any special issues or health concerns. Sweats are physically taxing for everyone and can be dangerous for some. Check the list of conditions and medication that affect sweat participation. Please also take the preparations recommended above seriously. If you are pregnant, you have high blood pressure, or you have heart issues, you should not sweat. If you are uncertain about this, please speak to a water pourer or one of the sweats coordinators ahead of time.